During this season, on Sunday mornings, we have worship on zoom at 11am. Email pastorryan1 (at) gmail (dot) com for the invitation.
The worship service at Community Covenant begins at 11:00 a.m. Our congregation is made up of people of all ages and various backgrounds. Most people tend to wear business casual attire, though dress ranges from casual to dresses and suits. Our worship music is a mix of modern praise music and traditional hymns and choruses. Communion is celebrated on the first Sunday of the month. Those who confess Jesus as Savior and seek to follow him are welcome to participate. When you enter the sanctuary, you will be greeted and handed a hymnal and “bulletin” which contains the order of service and announcements from the activities of the church for that week. You are welcome to sit wherever you would like. Worship is followed by a time of coffee and refreshments.
Childcare is available for infants and toddlers during the service or parents are welcome to stay in the nursery to play with their child. The nursery is located on the first floor, down the hallway to the right upon entering the church from the parking lot.
Children’s church occurs most Sundays during the second half of the worship service for children from preschool to 3rd grade. Children engage in activities and a short lesson related to a Bible story.
A handicapped accessible entrance to the sanctuary is available by parking on Sydenstricker Road and entering through the door facing the road.
Sunday School begins at 10:00 a.m. It runs until 10:45 a.m.
- Adults meet in the downstairs fellowship room and study a variety of topics. This fall, the class is studying Ephesians using Eugene Peterson’s book “Practice Resurrection.”
- A marriage discussion group meets on the second Sunday of the month in the sanctuary.
- High schoolers meet in the kitchen and cover Confirmation materials covering the New Testament.
- Our Junior High and upper elementary class meets in the west classroom and focuses on games, crafts and the Bible story.
- The lower elementary and PreK class are introduced to the love of Jesus through basic crafts and a short Bible story in the east classroom. (Nursery care is available, as well).